Nikki Haley, Republican contender to be US President


Nikki Haley, born as Nimarata Randhawa, is one of the Republican contenders to be US president.

Like all other Republicans, Nikki is tough on illegal immigrants. She actually voted in favor of a law that requires employers to be able to prove that newly hired employees are legal residents of the United States, and also requires all immigrants to carry documentation at all times proving that they are legally in the United States.

Haley is pro-life and has supported legislation to restrict abortion.

Haley, the only female competitor in the GOP race, has not made her gender central to her campaign pitch. Instead, she has zeroed in on the need for a new generation of leadership.

What else does Haley stand for? Yes, Haley thinks Vivek Ramaswamy does not have any foreign policy experience. Why does Haley think so? Because, apparently, Ramaswamy doesn’t support Israel. Or rather, Haley thinks Ramaswamy will abandon Israel! Ramaswamy has been quick to deny such an allegation. He went on to mention Haley by her Indian birth name ‘Namrata Randhawa’ on his website, which I thought was a bit childish.

Did Ramaswamy actually say the US should abandon Israel? I suspect, Ramaswamy, a true-blue capitalist, would have said Israel should pay its own defence bills. Like a good politician, Haley has spun his words to a different level. However, Haley’s accusation sounds plausible since Ramaswamy has said that the US could stop supporting Taiwan as soon as it has an alternate source for supply of semiconductors.

I like the fact that Haley is a woman who has come up the hard way. However, I do not support her positions on abortion or on immigration.

I have my First Term Exams coming up and so I will be on a break for the next two weeks. Actually, I should not have written this post in the first place, since my first exam is on Monday, but is it my fault that I am addicted to blogging? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bicycle Stories From Montpellier

Cycling to La Grande Motte From Montpellier

Fixing the Floorboards (Fiction)