Bicycle Stories From Montpellier

 

I’m in Montpellier, Southern France, for a month, to attend an intensive French language immersion course at the Accent Francais. I have classes five days a week, 3:15 hours a day on Mondays and Fridays and 4:45 hours on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I stay with a landlady who speaks only French. Weekends are mine and yesterday, I rented a bicycle for the day (paying 15 for the pleasure) and cycled in and around Montpellier for around five hours.

I found it very easy to cycle in Montpellier. Though I am used to cycling on the left and out here I have to cycle on the right, I found the going very smooth. There are cycling lanes everywhere and even if there isn’t a cycling path, bicycles are treated like any other vehicle on the road. I followed the traffic signals like every other driver on the road and felt very safe. 

I had lunch at an open air restaurant, with my bicycle propped up against a nearby railing. I returned my cycle at 6:30 pm and walked back to my flat.

A cool building that I spotted enroute 



I reached the sea, 7 kilometres away




I had an ice cream break, before I returned my cycle to the shop.

 


Some more random pics taken during the day.





Comments

  1. Rosamma VargheseMay 1, 2023 at 5:37 AM

    Awesome ! Continue to enjoy your stay in Montpellier ! All the best !! πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜πŸ’–πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anika, have fun 🀩. Would love to hear the tales in person some day ! Sneha Aunty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lovely way to feel that you belong, even though briefly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to read your experience Anika. Caroline aunty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome writing...Enjoy the stay πŸ€πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling to La Grande Motte From Montpellier

Fixing the Floorboards (Fiction)