The Russian Invasion of Ukraine – Brutality and Cruelty in the 21st Century

The Ukraine war has killed thousands, uprooted millions, and appalled people around the globe. My father tells me that war came to his living room when Saddam Hussein invaded Iraq in 1990 and CNN broadcast war visuals live. Well, I wasn’t even born then and for me, this is the first time, after I started paying attention to world politics that I have seen so much of fighting on television. 

How can Putin decide whether Ukraine can or cannot join NATO?  This is not the first time Russia is invading Ukraine. They got away with it in Crimea. They have been getting away with it in the Donbas region for many years. It looks like Putin will not get away with it this time, since the Ukrainians have a very good leader in the form of President Zelensky and are giving it back as good as it gets. For Russia, it seems to be a repeat of their 1939 invasion of Finland. Don’t they say history repeats itself?

Russia is attacking civilians, bombing hospitals and killing non-combatants. These are war crimes pure and simple.

I want to see Ukraine proud and free. I want an end to suffering for the people of Ukraine. I hope all of this will come to pass very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bicycle Stories From Montpellier

Cycling to La Grande Motte From Montpellier

Fixing the Floorboards (Fiction)